Monday, September 12, 2011

Three Classes, One Blog

As most of you know, I am attempting to finish my Bachelors degree in Social Work. I want to work with the elderly in nursing homes and assisted-living residences,etc. Most of you also know that I am crazy... I mean interested in the aging Baby Boomers. So, I'm going to ask you to bear with me.

I want this blog to address the stories of our aging society, whether they be middle-aged or senior citizens. I also want this blog to serve two purposes. Three, if I can manage.

I am taking this class in Digital Storytelling and I am taking a Creative Arts Therapy class as well. So, what I'm going to try to do is have my target sector write the blog for me. We may use artwork, and/or photos, and memories from and by our senior citizens to tell a story, and, at the same time, I will be helping them to use this forum as a therapeutic springboard into the next stage of their lives.

Two birds, one stone, sort of thing... I'm not trying to be lazy here, but I'm trying to "work smarter, not harder". Maybe it's in my biological makeup to over-complicate things. I can just hear my friend Lenny saying, "Why does everything have to mean something?" lol.

Well, to me it does. What I do here has to matter.

I'm just not sure how I can go about this exactly: I want to make a great blog and a useful therapy. So, as I said earlier, I need you to bear with me while I figure out how this thing is going to work.

I'm also taking an Adult Development course. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment